Tom's Covid-19 Response Page
Tom's Covid-19 Response Plan
Blank Employee Temperature Check Sheets
IF AN EMPLOYEE TESTS POSITIVE
This type of claim needs to be called into 24/7 Nurse Triage Line; 800-825-3887, Option 1
1. New Reporting Illness/Tested Positive – Provide employee DWC1 form & they will call the 24/7 Nurse Triage Line as listed above.
2. Employee has “Exposure Only”; no symptoms/ no confirmed test – Call 24/7 Nurse Triage & will be treated as a report only. These will be assessed on a case by case basis
3. DWC-1 Form – Please record date on form provided to affected employee.
4. Personal Comments to Employee – Do not provide personal, editorial thoughts at any time during process.
After Employee Calls 24/7 Nurse Triage –
1. Detailed History of work schedule prior to exposure
2. Confirm employee not directed to work from home but required to be at the worksite or outside of the home.
3. Provide Wage Statement
4. Confirm if 80 hours of enhanced sick leave and/or salary continuation has been provided to the employee.
Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
An employee who tests positive for COVID-19 will be directed to self-quarantine away from work.
Employees that test positive and are symptom free may return to work when at least ten (10) days have passed since the date of his or her first positive test, and he/she has not had a subsequent illness.
Employees who test positive and are directed to care for themselves at home may return to work when:
(1) at least 72 hours (3 full days) have passed since recovery; and (2) at least seven (7) days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Employees who test positive and have been hospitalized may return to work when directed to do so by their medical care providers. The Company will require an employee to provide documentation clearing his or her return to work.